Our Data team is growing and we’re looking for an Analytics Engineer, a Data Engineer, and a Data Manager to join our team for continued development and improvement on the overall Data Strategy, how we manage data today, and most importantly, how we make data understandable for the organization.
At Lunar we are democratizing the power of money and changing the way we all bank, pay and invest. We have grown by leaps and bounds since starting out in Aarhus in 2015 and are now considered a major player in the Nordics with offices in Aarhus, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo, as well as employees working remotely across Europe.
Data architecture, data ingestion, data warehouse, data platform, data integration, data governance, data modeling, data… data.. Data. It’s almost like you can put data in front of most things nowadays but what we need is a Data Engineer who will be responsible for modernizing and scaling our data platform. Our foundation is in place but as we grow our business, and grow the number of users we will ultimately grow the amount of data.
As our Data Engineer, you will be working very closely with the Data Warehouse Team, led by our Head of Data Warehouse Wojciech Witowski and located in either our sunny Stockholm office or the fantastic danish offices in Copenhagen or Aarhus.
About the role
The role encapsulates a variety of tasks. Your day-to-day is not likely to be the same. At the core you will be responsible for the following:
- driving and implementing best-in-class data platform and tooling supporting it
- ensuring the infrastructure around AWS is up-to-date with good engineering practices (security, robustness, cost efficiency, compliance around GDPR principles)
- building and maintaining robust and scalable purpose-oriented data pipelines (streaming vs batch loading, CDC, data validation)
- develop internal tooling to support our data analytics teams including data analysts, analytics engineers and data scientists
What skills we’d like you to have
For you to be successful in this role we are looking for candidates with some prior experience within the following areas, we do not expect you to have it all:
- experience with modern cloud-based data-warehouse solutions (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- solid knowledge of data processing and piping technologies (rabbitmq, kafka, spark)
- experience with good software engineering principles (modularity, version control, CI/CD)
- ability to write and maintain robust, performant, scalable code
- experience around microservices infrastructure
- solid knowledge of python, go, and other programming languages
We're welcoming all talents with valid EU working visas for this position.
Our tech stack
In our day-to-day, we work with industry-leading open-source and custom-built in-house tooling in helping the organization to run like a modern tech company. Our main tech stack includes of the below-listed software:
rabbitmq, kafka, scala, spark, aws, airflow, dbt, looker, linear, gSuite, slack and more.
No time to wait! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Check out Lunar’s careers page for information on benefits and our interview process.
Curious to know what else we’re up to? Check out our LinkedIn, Instagram, and blog for the latest and greatest!
- Data & Analytics
- Data Engineer
- Stockholm, Sweden, Copenhagen, Denmark, Aarhus, Denmark
- Employment type
Lunar is a fintech company developing the new norm for everything money to a new generation of users.
We are synergizing with modern users and their lifestyle, and we centre our services around the ones who don't fit into the sharp definitions set out by the traditional banks.
We create the standards of tomorrow and we are proud to be unlike others. We facilitate change, demand progression, and most of all, we empower our users to control their money with maximum efficiency!
We are motivated by rethinking everything money. That's why we're using the latest technologies to create the solution of tomorrow - all available today!
The Lunar app provides a 100% digital way to manage your finances - both personal and business. Over 400.000 users in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are already using the app, and with 5000+ 5-star ratings on Trustpilot, we have an army of advocates behind us!
Lunar was founded in 2015, since then, we have employed more than 500+ skilled people in: Tech, Design, Business Development, HR, Compliance, Banking, Marketing, Communication, Support, and much more.
That’s your cue! Apply now.
Loading application form